We’ve all probably heard that old canard that pro-lifers only care about the unborn but after that the mother is on her own. This article in Lifesitenews strikes that argument down well. Here are the highlights of what pro-lifers do after birth:
- 2,300 affiliates of the three largest pregnancy resource groups in the United States, Heartbeat International, CareNet, and the National Institute of Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA)
- Over 1.9 million American women take advantage of these services each year
- These centers provide services including pre-natal care, STI testing, STI treatment, ultrasound, childbirth classes, labor coaching, midwife services, lactation consultation, nutrition consulting, social work, abstinence education, parenting classes, material assistance, and post-abortion counseling
- The Catholic Church, probably the single most influential pro-life institution in the United States, makes the largest financial, institutional and personnel commitments to charitable causes of any private source in the United States
- Pastor Bill Devlin at the Manhattan Bible Church, along with other church families, have adopted scores of babies, and taken in scores of pregnant women, including some who were both drug-addicted and HIV positive
Also check out Aid to Women, an organization that helps women going through an unplanned pregnancy. Pro-lifers do care about all life: From conception to natural death.
Read the comments at the University of Toronto Students for Life website.